Friday 1 January 2010

Deciding on a Magazine Title

To choose a title from my shortlist of five I decided to ask people for their recommendations. I tried to only ask people I knew had an interest in music, as it would have been pointless to ask people who knew nothing about music for their opinions on a music magazine. I made a tally chart with the different magazine titles and then, when I had collected enough votes, made a table in Microsoft Excel to show my results clearly. Also, while doing my survey, I changed the possible title of "Untitled Track" to just "Untitled". I thought that the one-word title would be more effective and upon asking other people, including my teacher, I found that the vast majority of people agreed.

The table below contains my collected results:

As can quite clearly be seen, Untitled turned out to be the most popular magazine name. People said that it sounded cool and that it would likely appeal to young people more than the other titles. Restless, Experience and especially RockIt were all quite disliked; I asked people why this was and they said that Restless and Experience weren't relevant to music and that RockIt sounded childish and stupid.


Untitled also happened to be my favourite magazine title, and I was glad to find that the majority of people also liked it the most. I therefore decided that I would use Untitled as the title for my music magazine.

No comments: